Sample Aural Tests Aural tests are an integral part of all ABRSM Practical graded music exams.
Aural training develops your musical ‘ear’, which helps you to feel a pulse, keep in time and understand harmonies and melody lines. Our Aural Tests for Practical Grades 4 & 5 will enhance each learner’s skills in these areas and prepare them for their future on the stage!
These Singing for Musical Theatre tests have been designed to help candidates to prepare for the aural component of the exam with tests that are engaging and relevant to the genre. This book, for teachers and learners alike, contains practice examples of the tests and is ideal for use when preparing for a Singing for Musical Theatre Practical exam.
The book covers Grades 4 & 5 and includes:
• practice examples for each test
• the examiner rubrics (the exact words that will be used by the examiner to deliver the tests), so that candidates can be fully prepared for what will happen on the day
• descriptions of the tests as they appear in the syllabus
• model answers, where appropriate, as a guide to the sort of responses that would be successful in the exam
• Access to audio recordings of all the tests in the book, delivered by an ABRSM examiner and including model answers, ideal for use in the lesson or for pupil practice at home